Like so many other girls, Mariah Cook struggled to find ‘her place’ in the world – before she found pageantry. In an interview with the Omaha World Hearld, Mariah was quoted as telling the judges, “Growing up, I never felt like I fit in… I was too tall, too loud and adopted.”
Mariah’s personal platform was titled, The Power of Adoption and as she traveled the state of Nebraska sharing her story, she received a lot of positive responses – both from children who have been adopted and from women who chose to place their child in an adoptive home. Cook said her platform has allowed them to find answers to questions about the process and possibly find some closure along the way.
Frankly, this is the kind of stuff we love about Miss America contestants… they’re made of substance – not fluff! We believe Mariah will continue to impact people for years to come through her message and her ultra-charming personality 🙂
Now – on to Miss Nebraska 2013!
Junkies Say Here’s Who to Watch:
– Mindy Schreiber – 1st runner up in ’11 and ’12
– Rachel Foehlinger – 2nd runner up in ’12, overall Talent Winner, (baton twirler), 3rd runner up ’11, NE Outstanding Teen 08
– Megan Talken – 3rd runner up in ’12
– Jacee Pilkington – NE Outstanding Teen 09
– Morgan Yost – Won 1st NE prelim of the year, Interview winner