When Chandler Lawson was 7 years old, Miss TN 1997 Lanna Keck visited her elementary school and out of all the students there, Lanna chose Chandler to stand up and ‘wear the crown’. Chandler says that moment made a huge impact on her life and she wanted to give it back to other children throughout Tennessee.
Chandler celebrated her 23rd Birthday on the same date as the Miss America finals… and received a Top 10 finish plus a 2nd Runner Up Quality of Life scholarship. We say, $9000 worth of scholarships on your Birthday, in front of a live, National audience, ain’t too shabby!
Now – if there’s a state pageant this year that makes our head spin, it’s Miss Tennessee… For a couple of reasons… First – because Tennessee ALWAYS crowns a classy, GORGEOUS girl. Seriously. You’d think all ugly women are kicked out of the state based on some of these ladies. Second – Several of our picks have won a Talent award once or twice along their journey – which means, lots of points could go in lots of directions. Finally, a couple of girls aged out last year which means there are only 2 runner ups from 2012 even competing this year! So – with all this information, who are we picking to win Miss Tennessee???
Junkies Say Here’s Who to Watch:
– Kyndall Covington – 4th Runner up in ’11 and ’12, prelim swimsuit winner
– Rachael Turner – 3rd Runner Up and Talent winner at Miss Texas in ’12
– Amy Catherine Flynn – 2nd Runner up & Prelim Talent ’12
– Shelby Thompson – Talent Winner in ’12
– Jessica Haas – another former Miss TX competitor – ‘speed painting’ for her talent
– Jill Brooks – 2 time Talent Winner at Miss TN
Others to keep an eye on…
Madison Hardy – newbie, but amazing talent
Hannah Disterdick – Daughter of Miss TN ’82
Madyson Foster – Top 15 in ’12
Caty Davis – Young, but one to watch!
JUNKIES LOVE TENNESSEE!!! Looking forward to this one!!! 🙂