THE DAY HAS COME!!!! OH MY GOODNESS – IT’S SOOOOOOOOO EXCITING!!!!
Tonight we crown a new Miss America – the equivalent of a Pageant Girl’s Christmas Morning!!!
Even though The Junkies weren’t in Atlantic City this year, I must say, it’s been great fun watching from afar! In some ways, it’s a little more relaxing – it’s so hard to blog when all you want to do is meet fellow Junkies and run around on the beach! Seriously – if you’ve never seen Miss America live in person, Junkies HIGHLY RECOMMEND you attend! Start saving your pennies, tell your family that’s what you want for your birthday, and make plans to go! It’s everything you love about your state pageant week, times 1000! You’ll never, ever regret it!!! 🙂
Ok – for all our new Junkies, here’s the way the pageant will breakdown tonight!
– After the “Parade of States” and the introduction of Nina Davuluri, we’ll find out who is named “America’s Choice”. It’s possible the state chosen is also one of the judges favorites – but America’s Choice is the lady who finished with the most votes.
– Then, the judges will be announced…
– Next, the ladies with the Top 15 cumulative scores will be named the Top 15. All 16 ladies will then compete in Swimsuit.
– Although Miss America usually has a few tricks up their sleeve regarding the ‘elimination rounds’ – here’s what’s happened in years past… The 16 contestants will be narrowed to 12 – and those 12 ladies will compete in evening gown. Again – something may be different from here forward – based on whatever Miss America decides to do this year.
– Then 12 contestants in Evening Gown become 10 contestants in Talent (two girls are left sitting on the chairs with Chris Harrison).
– After Talent, the Top 10 are narrowed down to the Top 5. The Top 5 then answer the ever-popular “On-Stage Question” and the judges rank each of the Top 5 according to their personal preferences.
– Nina takes her “Final Walk” – and Chris Harrison will announce the runners up and our new Miss America!!!
However – BEFORE THE SHOW STARTS – Make sure you’re tuned into the Miss America Pre-Show! This year, they’re actually going to show us live shots of back-stage where the girls are getting ready for the big show – AND there’s bound to be some other hilarious things take place! Junkies aren’t 100% sure, but we think this is where the “Hot Pageant Dads” will be featured – You won’t want to miss Dena Blizzard (former Miss New Jersey, comedian and hostess) in this pre-show event! THAT’S when the real show begins!!! 🙂
Also – be sure you’re following your favorite contestants on Instagram… Miss America has alluded to the fact that there will be a ‘surprise’ during the telecast tonight that’s announced on Instagram! Wonder what it could be???
OK! Before we get to our picks – Here’s one final reminder for everyone…
If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a thousand times… THIS YEAR IS SUPER-CRAZY-COMPETITIVE and under other normal circumstances, lots of girls who won’t make the cut tonight, might’ve made it during a different year (without this much competition). We’ve agonized over our list… It’s really hard to choose… but that’s why we play the game! Don’t forget, just because we don’t choose your girl, it doesn’t mean she isn’t smart enough, it doesn’t mean she isn’t talented enough, it doesn’t mean she isn’t pretty enough! It just means Junkies aren’t perfect 🙂 Our goal is that each and every woman competing feels encouraged by our posts – Which is why we love this saying…
If we pick your state tonight – We hope she proves us right!
And if we don’t pick your state tonight – We hope she proves us wrong!
And with that! Here’s our picks for MISS AMERICA 2015!!!
Non-Finalist Talent Awards:
I honestly feel like any of these 5 girls could win the crown tonight – and would make a WONDERFUL Miss America! In fact, I’m trying to picture each of them in that moment of ‘shock and awe’ when the winner’s name is announced and she can’t hardly believe it! Truthfully – I have no idea which of these 5 girls is going to win tonight… So, in a strange twist… I’m not going to predict who will win Miss America 2015… Instead, I’m going to predict the 1st Runner Up 🙂
1st Runner Up
DON’T BE MAD!!! LOL!!! I’m still picking one girl to finish in a specific position!!! 🙂
Here’s the deal… If Kentucky finishes as the 1st runner up, then I’ll be uber-thrilled! And you know what? If she wins it all – then we’ll consider that a Big Junkie Win as well!!!
GOOD LUCK LADIES!!! ALL THE BEST!!!